Measures the Bonding Strength between two layers of existing materials. Determine the adhesion strength of shotcrete, epoxies, paint, asphalt and other repair materials or coatings. Includes 10 – 2″ Discs.
James Bond Test ™ MK III
The James Bond Tester™ MK III or pull off adhesion test measures the bond strength or tensile strength of concrete, asphalt, tile, concrete repair, or other overlay material by the direct tension or pull off method. By pulling a 25mm steel disk attached to the material under the unit can,
- Measure the near surface strength of a substrate in order to determine the substrates quality before applying an overlay
- Determine the bond strength of a repair or overlay material after it is applied to the substrate
- Determine the tensile strength of a repair, overlay or adhesive after the material is applied to the surface
The James Bond Tester™ MK III has been successfully used to verify the quality of existing materials, determine the adhesion strength of shotcrete, tile, epoxies, paint and other repair materials or coatings.
Features and Benefits
- Accurate bond strength of repair mortars, epoxy resins, laminates, overlays, and other coatings.
- Calibrated gauge with maximum load indicator and mechanical damping.
- Ball Joint Design for rapid testing as well as assuring direct tensile loading
- Adjustable alignment plate with built in leveling facility for both vertical and horizontal pulls.
- Compact design.
- Easy to use.
- ISO 4624 Paints and varnishes — Pull-off test for adhesion
- EN 1015-12 Methods of test for mortar for masonry. Determination of adhesive strength of hardened rendering and plastering mortars on substrate
- EN 1348 Determination of Tensile Adhesion Strength for Cementitious Adhesives
- BS 1881 Part 207 Testing concrete. Recommendations for the assessment of concrete strength by near-to-surface tests
- ASTM C 1583 Standard Test Method for Tensile Strength of Concrete Surfaces and the Bond Strength or Tensile Strength of Concrete Repair and Overlay Materials by Direct Tension (Pull-off Method)
- ASTM D 4541 Standard Test Method for Pull-Off Strength of Coatings Using Portable Adhesion Testers
- ACI 503-30 Guide for the Application of Epoxy and Latex Adhesives for Bonding Freshly Mixed and Hardened Concretes
- DIN 1048 Part 2 Testing concrete; testing of hardened concrete (specimens taken in situ)