UNITRACKER – Single Wheel Tracking Apparatus
STANDARDS: EN 12697-22 / BS 598:110
This test, developed in laboratory, consists in evaluating the deformation (rut) depth of a bituminous mixture subjected to cycles of passes
of a loaded rubber wheel under constant and controlled temperature conditions.
To perform the test, a wheel tracking apparatus is used to simulate the effect of traffic and to measure the deformation susceptibility of the
Matest wheel tracker performs the test as per procedures A and B (6 or 2 tests), clearly specified by the EN Standard.
– The machine fully satisfies both EN 12697-22
and BS 598:110 Specifications.
– Travel of the table: 230 +/- 5 mm
– Table cycle frequency: adjustable 15 to 40
cycles per minute.
– Hard rubber tyred wheel having outside
diameter 200 mm
– Wheel load on the sample:
700N +/-10N (EN 12697-22)
or 520N (BS 598:110)
The load is applied on the sample through
The effective load applied on the sample
can be adjusted by micrometrical weights
– Continuous real time rut depth measurement
(penetration of the wheel into the sample)
through a linear transducer 40 mm travel
by 0,01 mm accuracy.
– The test frame is made of robust aluminium alloy and it is contained in a climatic cabinet with adjustable temperature
from 30 to 65°C. +/- 1.0°C
The cabinet is equipped with two doors with insulated glass for inspection
– The sample table has dimensions: 400 x 390 mm and can accept rectangular slabs of several sizes:
305 x 305 mm, 50 or 100 mm high
305 x 400 mm, 50 or 100 mm high
200 mm dia. core samples, 50 mm high
The sample confinement frames are not included and have to be
ordered separately (see accessories)
– Matest wheel tracker accepts also samples with dimensions up
to 400 x 500 mm, 180 mm high (this mould can be compacted
with Matest Roller Compactor)
– The machine is supplied complete with adaptors for a correct
mould positioning and locking
– The wheel tracker is equipped with 3 temperature probes:
1 probe, connected to the thermoregulator, for the control and
adjustment of the cabinet temperature.
2 probes for temperature measurement inside the specimen.
– Data acquisition and processing system fully managed by microprocessor.
– Multifunctions keyboard with encoder for easy and rapid setup
– Large graphic display 320×240 pixel.
– RS 232 port for connection to PC.
The multilingual testing firmware allows:
– Management and automatic control of machine and test.
– Setup of all test parameters.
– Test data acquisition and processing
– Real time display of: number of cycles, rut depth, temperatures.
Real time cycle rate will also be displayed when using a serial
connection to PC
– Calibration menu for setting and checking all test data.
– From the control board, it is possible to select parameters, set
data acquisition and processing according to EN and BS test
Identification data of the sample (slab) under test.
Number of passes to end the test.
Max rut depth to end the test.
Sampling frequency of the rut depth.
Sample (slab) thickness.
The use of the B038 Wheel Tracker requires connection to a PC
with Windows 98, 2000, XP minimum requirements.
Power supply: 230V 50/60Hz 1ph 2200W
Power rating of the table: 500 W
Dimensions: 1580 x 650 xh 1790 mm
Weight: 400 kg approx.
* B038-09 MOULD with HANDLES
size 320 x 260 x 180 mm
* B038-10 MOULD with HANDLES
size 305 x 305 x 50 mm
* B038-11 MOULD with HANDLES
size 305 x 305 x 100 mm
* B038-12 MOULD no HANDLES
size 400 x 305 x 50 mm
* B038-13 MOULD with HANDLES
size 400 x 305 x 100 mm
B038-14 MOULD for core sample 200 mm
diameter, 50 mm high
* B038-18 MOULD with HANDLES
size 500 x 400 x 180 mm
* B038-19 MOULD with HANDLES
size 400 x 305 x 120 mm
* B038-20 MOULD with HANDLES
size 320 x 260 x 50 mm
H009-01 PC complete with LCD monitor 22”,
keyboard, mouse, cables, installation.
* These moulds are suitable to be used also with Matest Roller
Insert plates to reduce the thickness of the mould are available on