Pressure Ageing Vessel (PAV3)
STANDARDS: EN 14769 / ASTM D652 / AASHTO R28
The unit has been developed to simulate the accelerated ageing of
bitumen and bituminous binders after 5 to 10 years.
The sample is exposed to high pressure and temperature for 20
hours, to simulate the effect of a long time oxidative ageing by
verifying the penetration and softening point characteristics.
PAV3 features include:
– Touch screen controller with front panel user interface with easy
to use step-thru operation.
– Bench top unit with integral vessel/oven design.
– USB port on front unit with software upgrades and data storage.
– Remote capabilities: with APP control PAV with smart phone,
tablet or IPad.
– Timer to set time and date for automatic preheat.
Construction: CE certified vertical stainless steel pressure vessel
with encased band heaters and integral pressure measurement
control. Temperature is measured by Platinum RTD.
– Operating pressure: 2.1 +/- 0.1 Mpa
– Temperature range: 80°C to 115°C, res: 0.1°C
– Test temperature uniformity: +/- 0.5°C
– Time to return to set point temperature: less than 60 min.
The unit is supplied complete with:
10 specimen pans AASHTO T179; O-Ring; precision anodized
aluminum sample rack; Hex socket wrench; specimen loading/
unloading tool; single stage regulator; high pressure hose assembly;
instruction manual. Power supply: 230V 1Ph 50/60Hz 10A
Dimensions: 760x460x700 mm. Weight: 130 kg
NOTE: a source of compressed air with a pressure of at least 325
psi and a pressure regulator is required to operate the PAV