Automatic binder extraction unit
Used to perform reliable analysis on bituminous mixtures utilizing the perchloroethylene (PCE) or tetra-chloroethylene solvent which is classified: R40 not cancer producing (see note*), for quantitative determination of binder or bitumen contained in pavement samples and hot mixed mixtures.
The system performs in only one complete automatic cycle: – the washing, disaggregation and separation of the bitumi-nous mixture;
– the separation of the filler from the solution formed by solvent, bitumen and filler;
– the recovery and distillation of solvent material allow-ing a further utilization.
This unit, in a short time, performs out a serie of analysis that normally require a long time and labour, by reducing extraction costs.
The unit comprises:
– An electromagnetic sieving unit, insuring high quality double vibrating action (vertical/rota-tional), with solvent spraying cover for washing and disaggregation of the sample.
– A continuous flow filterless centrifuge having rotation speed of 11000 rpm equipped with a stainless steel beaker dia. 120 mm., filler capacity approx. 400 g.
– A solvent recovery unit having reclaiming capacity of approx. 50 l/h, equipped with cooling system foreseen of devices switching ON and OFF the unit to fully automatically perform the test.
– A separate control panel allows to program all these func-tions in a fully automatic system. It is also possible to select the manual function allowing to activate each specific function previously analyzed.
This unit is supplied complete with:
– Two stainless steel beakers dia. 120 mm
– Four stainless steel sieves dia. 200 mm openings: 0,075 – 0,250 – 0,800 – 1,6 mm
– One Sieve Frame only dia. 200 mm. to improve the capacity of the first sieve.
– Set of O ring gaskets for sieves.
Sieves with different openings are available on request. A complete extraction cycle is performed ot in approx. 25 minutes and the max. quantity of mixture per extraction is 3500 g
Power supply: 400 V 3 ph 50 Hz 5,5 kW
Overall dimensions: 1400x680x1820 mm
Total weight: 185 Kg
* NOTE: in addition to the perchloroethylene (PCE) or tetrachloroeth-ylene solvent, it is possible to use also the Trichloroethylene (CHC1:CC12), but as per 2001/59/CE Directive, it is classified “R45”, and therefore considered a dangerous solvent. (Toxic and cancer-producing)