Skid resistance and friction tester
The apparatus is suitable for both site and laboratory applications to perform two types of tests:
– For measuring pavement (road asphalt) surface frictional and skid resistance properties.
– For polished stone value tests on aggregates (curved specimens) from accelerated polishing tests.
The skid tester is also suitable to perform tests on:
– Natural stones conforming to EN 1341, EN 1342.
– Concrete block pavers conforming to EN 1338.
The tester measures the energy loss when a rubber slider edge is propelled over the surface under test.
The slider lifting device is incorporated in the pendulum base assuring accurate adjustment operations. The height adjusting system is simple and reliable.
The pointer, made from light alloy, has extremely low frictions granting high precision results.
The release mechanism of the pendulum arm has an original solution reducing the friction to minimum for better accuracy.
The skid tester is supplied complete with:
– Additional incorporated scale for tests on Polished Stone Value specimens.
– Rule, plexiglass made, for sliding length verification.
– Thermometer range -10 to +110°C. for surface temperature measurement.
– Stool, wash bottle, bristle, tool set for machine use.
– Carrying case.
– Calibration Certificate conforming to EN 1097-8.
The tester is supplied WITHOUT” rubber sliders that have to be ordered separately (see accessories).
Case dimensions: 730x730x330 mm
Weight: 32 kg
The skid tester can be also used for tests on concrete block pavers natural stones and skidding tests on wooden floor.
Skid Tester – ASTM E303
As above, but calibrated to meet ASTM E303 Specifications.
A110-03 Mounted rubber slider for site use (pavement
surface), complete with conformity certificate.
A110-01 Mounted rubber slider for Polished Stone Value
tests (laboratory), complete with conformity
A110-11 Metal base plate for Polished Stone Value tests in laboratory,
and for tests on natural stones and concrete
block pavers. Supplied “without” specimen clamping
devices, to be ordered separately.
A110-12 Clamping device for Polished Stone Value tests in
A110-13 Clamping device for tests on natural stones (EN 1341,
1342); for concrete block pavers (EN 1338) and
skidding tests on wooden floor (EN 1339).
A110-20 Pink lapping film (10 sheets) for Skid Calibration.